- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chilled butter, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup (1.3 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Mix it all up. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in cheese, onion, and rosemary. Add milk to flour mixture; stir just until blended. Don't
overmix or biscuits will be like small stones instead of fluffy pillows of love.
3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead lightly 4 to 5 times. Pat or roll dough to a 1-inch thickness; cut with a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter (or a glass of appropriate size). Place biscuits 2 inches apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Coat tops of biscuits with cooking spray.
4. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. An undercooked biscuit is always better than an overcooked one.